Friday 1 February, 2008

Ahobilam - Suggested Packing List

My trip to Ahobilam over the weekend was sandwiched between two other trips to Colombo. So I had to return from Colombo on Friday (25th Jan) morning only to take the bus that very evening to Ahobilam and I would return to Chennai on morning of the following Monday (28th Jan) only to leave the very evening to Colombo again. So I missed packing a few essentials required for a pilgrimage. Here is what I should have but didnt take with me on my trip.

- Bottled Water and Rehydration Salts (Electral / Glucose)
- Dhoti / Veshti and Angavastram (Its the appropriate dress to pay obesience to the Lord)
- Namam and Trishnam
- Dry fruits to offer the lord - Sugar Candy (Kalkand), Cashew, Badam, Pista, Fig etc
- A terracota cup or Dhonna for offering
- Pramida / Agal, Ghee and Wick to light lamps
- A bottle with a wide mouth to collect the Theertham at various shrines
- Small Plastic Zip Lock cover to collect the kumkum

No comments: