Friday 9 November, 2007

Arunachalam Temple - Thiruvanamalai - Panchamrutham

Don't forget to buy the panchamrutham when you visit the temple. The packing label is in the same traditional style. After seeing this I thought I should collect India's traditional / handmade items and their packing and post them on this blog. To start with I am posting the packing label from the Panchamrutham Bottle. Going forward I'll probably be posting a lot of labels from Sandanam (sandal) bottles, Agarbathi Packs, Temple Handouts etc. If you think you have something interesting to be displayed to the world please post them on the comments.

2 comments:

sumathi said...

Information given is nice. I am living in thiruvannnamalai only. you can get more kind of prasadam in temple for whole day.To view more details about thiruvannamalai city and annamalaiyar temple you can visit Annamalayar.com

Sridhar Pandurangiah said...

Sumathi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I plan to visit Thiruvanamalai for Girivalam sometime.

I read your blog, the narrative is concise and to the point. Since you live in Thiruvanamalai you have access to a lot more information - You could consider including other pilgrimage places and ashrams around Thiruvannamalai.

Probably the most detailed blog on the spiritual aspect of Thiruvanamalai is Living in the embrace of Arunachala

Regards

Sridhar